Soroosh ShahtalebiPh.D. student
Phone:(514)-848-2424, Ext. 5069
Soroosh ShahtalebiPh.D. Student, Concordia Institute of Information Systems Engineering (CIISE)
I have received my B.Sc. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and my M.Sc. degree in Biomedical Engineering from Electrical Engineering department of K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran. Currently, I am a Ph.D. student and doing my research under supervision of Prof. Arash Mohammadi at Concordia University, Montreal, Canada.
My fields of interest are among Signal Processing, Brain-Computer Interfaces, Machine learning and data mining.CV
- (09/2016-present): Concordia University, Concordia Institute of Information Systems Engineering (CIISE).
- (09/2013-10/2015): K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering.
- (09/2009-07/2013): Yazd University, Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- 2016 Tuition Award of Excellence for International Students (36000 $), Concordia University, Montreal, QC, Canada
- 2016 Rank 6 (among top 1%) in Nationwide Entrance Exam for PhD, Iran
- 2015 1st rank student in M.Sc. of Biomedical Engineering (2013 entry), K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
- 2012 Iran-Patent (NO:77226), "A new instrument to help calibrating rifle scopes", Iran
- 2012 Iran-Patent (NO:76443), "A new planar goniometer in the Joint Angle Measurement", Iran
- 2009 Iran-Patent (NO:49444), "Automatic Metal Threading Machine", Iran
- 2008 Distinguished paper in International Mathematics Competition, "Tournament of Towns", Moscow, Russia
- 2008 Distinguished Idea in provincial section, Kharazmi Festival, Iran,
- 2008 1st rank of IRANOPEN Robotic Competitions, Junior Demo league, Qazvin, Iran
- 2008 Winner of "Applied Idea" prize, Junior Demo league, IRANOPEN Robotic Competitions, Qazvin, Iran
- 2008 Winner of "Technical Design" prize, Junior Demo league, IRANOPEN Robotic Competitions,Qazvin, Iran
- 2007 Invitation Letter from International Robotics Competition, Atlanta, USA
- 2007 1st rank of IRANOPEN Robotic Competitions, Junior Rescue league, Tehran, Iran
- 2016 (January - August), Lab Director and Instructor Biomedical Instrumentation Lab, Islamic Azad University, Najafabad Branch, Isfahan, Iran
- 2015-2016 CEO and Founder "Hooshmand Afzar Pars" startup, specialized in biofeedback and neurofeedback instrumentations, based in Isfahan, Iran
- 2015 (September - December), Research Assistant School of cognitive sciences, Institute for research in fundamental sciences (IPM), Tehran, Iran
- 2015, Teaching Assistant Medical Imaging Systems, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
- 2015, Teaching Assistant Statistical Approaches in Biomedical Signal Processing, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran